Altarocca Wine Resort
Loc. Rocca Ripesena, 62 – 05018 Orvieto (TR)
Tel: +39 0763 344210, +39 0763 393437
Fax: +39 0763 395155
How to reach us
- By car
- By train
- By airplane
Take the Orvieto exit on the A1 motorway Rome – Florence.
Continue to Orvieto Scalo and on the roundabout follow the signs to Orvieto (second exit on the roundabout). Drive through Orvieto Scalo and around 300 metres after the traffic lights you will come to a fork: take the road to your right towards Sferracavallo and Allerona. Once you reach the roundabout at Sferracavallo, take the first exit to your right towards Allerona. After about 200 metres turn left twice (almost a U-turn) right before the ERG filling station. Continue for 4 kilometres towards Rocca Ripesena.
We suggest you to follow stradal direction rather than gps that might bring you on dirty roads.
The Orvieto railway station is on the main north-south railway line. Trains between Rome and Florence pass every two hours.
You can reach the Altarocca Wine Resort from the Orvieto Scalo railway station either by public bus or by taxi or by renting a car from Avis or Hertz.
The closest international airports are:
- S. Francesco d’Assisi (Perugia) – 75 kilometres: Take the E45 road towards Rome, take the exit to Todi and follow the signs for Orvieto.
- A. Vespucci (Florence) – 150 kilometres: Take the A1 motorway towards Rome and take the Orvieto exit.
- Galileo Galilei (Pisa) – 190 kilometres: Take the FI-PI-LI expressway towards Florence, switch to the A1 motorway towards Rome and take the Orvieto exit.
- Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino (Rome) – 140 km.
- Ciampino Airport (Rome) – 130 kilometres: Take the ring motorway (GRA) and the A1 motorway towards Florence and take the Orvieto exit.